The Hoju Saram

Monday, January 08, 2007

Wrap up of Domino -> .Net Application Conversion Techniques

Well with the previous post I have finished all of the posts for converting Custom IBM “Domino” applications to a Microsoft Environment (.Net / SQL Server / Exchange).

An overview of these posts is below:

To get data out of Domino and into SQL I use a custom Domino Agent with some DXL tricks

To support the routing of mail including attachments into the .Net databases I use a .net data router that uses WEBDAV to read exchange mailboxes and stores the data in SQL

To support the workflow of binary attachments I implement a secure-webstore in .net

To support User Managable Role based access control I use an extended SQLRoleProvider that supports AD groups and a custom Access Control Page with AD Search Support.

Labels: ,