The Hoju Saram

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Off to Brisbane

I went to Brisbane on monday for a job interview and now have been told that I have the job. So it looks like I will be packing up in Townsville and moving to Brisbane. The new job is working on our corporate .net framework as opposed to application development. I am looking forward to the challenge, our corporate framework is pretty good but there is still lots to do. I also want to do a lot of work with code generation so that we can automate the code building application parts from the database level up.

Currently we use mygeneration to do our stored proc, DLC and BLC auto-generation, but I would like to get our framework and code-gen to a stage where it can support creating up to the presentation layer with working 2-way binding all via code generation. It is going to be a lot of work but I think it is achievable. We are currently trying to get our framework adopted as the whole of government one, so hopefully I can be of use in getting that done.

Anyway I have to wait for the "official" word on my job and then it will be time to pack-up the house and make the move. So a busy month ahead I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home