The Hoju Saram

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Looking at doing some extra studies.

I have been thinking about do my Masters in I.T. lately, one of my good friends is a lecturer at the local university and has informed me that there is a possiblity of doing a pure research Masters by grant, so no cost to me.

I now have to think about what I would like to dedicate a couple of years of my life to, this is quite a difficult decision as in some streams of IT something 2-3 years old is considered out of date, so a Masters you start today in a leading edge topic is old and boring by the time you complete it.

At the top of my list is probably something in the area of swarm-bots but with larger footprint robots. Something like the mini-sapien power by a pocket pc.


This is a very interesting area of research for me because it covers a wide number of topics that take my interest. These are:

  • Synthesis of animal behaviours with machines.
  • Mobile computing
  • Robotics
  • Machine learning
  • Vision Systems
  • Networking
  • Distrubuted computing
Oh and it also means that I can get to play robot soccer.

Anyway, I need to do some more research and thinking about this before determining what exactly I want to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home