The Hoju Saram

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Domino -> Sharepoint Conversion Tool

Since over the last 6 months or so I have been doing alot of development work migrating Domino Applications to .net I have also been looking at sharepoint. I think I am now at the stage where I can put together a domino -> sharepoint mapping tool and migrator. I am going to spend the next few weeks at work doing some development. So I will post something when I have some source code to share.

I have also finished the C# webdav server with SQL backend. It supports all of the common WebDAV methods and allows me to save , copy, rename, lock files and create folders from windows exploerer and MS Office, all of this with a MS SQL backend , not the filesystem.

The code is not at a stage where I can publish it here. But if you find this page and are interested in getting some code snippets or help with your implementation, then leave a comments.

I realised after writing the webdav server that MS Office does not support enough of webdav to make it useful compared to sharepoint. (i,e version control doesn't integrate properly). So I am now moving my approach from webdav=> sharepoint to leverage the integration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home