The Hoju Saram

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Korean Google translator is not so good

I know that it is still beta.. (Like much of the stuff on google ) but the Korean lanagage translator at http://www.google.com.au/language_tools?hl=en is not so good. It is useful for small words and phrases but anything of any length or technical difficult becomes a complete mess.

The other day my brother-in-law asked me to translate a few korean comments that were left on a website about one of the sites he made tiddlyspot.com. The comments basically said something about what the site could do and how it was very good. I ran the comments through google translator just to see what it would come up with and out popped a sentence about the depth of bedspreads..(??)

Now that’s a great Shirt. “ I have a deep bedspread “.. wtf ??

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home