The Hoju Saram

Friday, October 06, 2006

Acrobatics Extraordinare


This story needs a little background. I live in Townsville in North Queensland. The Townsville Area, is in fact two cities, Townsville and Thuringowa. Although I always say I am from Townsville” but technically I live in the city of Thuringowa. I never say this because unless you live in Townsville you don’t actually know where Thuringowa is.

Anyway..

The Thuringowa city council has been moving ahead in leaps and bounds lately and has been spending (with help from the Queensland Government) a lot of money on Community Infrastructure. The latest component of this is Riverways.

“So how does this relate to Acrobats?” I hear you ask. Well last night my family went to the new theatre that is inside the Riverways Centre for the first time. We saw Acrobatics Extraordinare , and is was amazingly good. My son is 2, he can usually sit through about 30 minutes of a movie ( like Pixars’ “Cars” for instance ) before he gets bored and wants to do something else. Last night he sat for 1 and 1/2 hours in stunned silence as he watched this show. It was as if he was sufferring from sensory overload. He just sat staring with his mouth open. And of course by the end of the night he wanted to be “an Acrobat when he grows up.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home